Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MAORI PRINCESS

THIS INFORMATION ABOUT THE TUCKER FAMILY CONNECTION MAY NOT BE CORRECT. FURTHER RESEARCH IS BEING DONE.

Saturday 30 June 2018

I am sorry to say i am not a descendant of a Maori princess after all.  There was a mistake in reading the handwriting of a NSW BDM record which means the name was wrong.

I have not looked at this story for a long time as you can see, four years. When i have time i will revisit it and provide more specific information.

16 July 2013

Received astounding news from New Zealand last Saturday.
My paternal grandmother's great grandmother was a Maori princess.
She died in Sydney around 1810 and her baby daughter was placed in the Orphan School at Parramatta.
When the child grew up she became a servant and married another one, a former convict.
One of their daughters was the mother of my grandmother.
It is truly amazing to be finding out such things at the age of 65.
I had been trying to trace my grandmother's ancestry earlier in this blog, but had lost the trail.
This was because I could not find the birth record of the baby girl.
Everything comes to those who wait - and those who have a blog so other people can find them!