Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MAORI PRINCESS

THIS INFORMATION ABOUT THE TUCKER FAMILY CONNECTION MAY NOT BE CORRECT. FURTHER RESEARCH IS BEING DONE.

Received astounding news from New Zealand last Saturday.
My paternal grandmother's great grandmother was a Maori princess.
She died in Sydney around 1810 and her baby daughter was placed in the Orphan School at Parramatta.
When the child grew up she became a servant and married another one, a former convict.
One of their daughters was the mother of my grandmother.
It is truly amazing to be finding out such things at the age of 65.
I had been trying to trace my grandmother's ancestry earlier in this blog, but had lost the trail.
This was because I could not find the birth record of the baby girl.
Everything comes to those who wait - and those who have a blog so other people can find them!